Business Systems Consultants, GTN Strategic Initiatives
US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) group is engaged with a cross functional team of Medical, Regulatory, Managed Healthcare, Pricing, Commercial and HEOR to develop stakeholder solutions for external stakeholders. The BTS team is actively engaged in understanding Gross To Net (GTN) area develop stakeholder specific solutions for Managed Healthcare and Pricing teams. The role will be part of Commercial BTS, and will be vertically aligned with US Commercial Immunology and Oncology Commercial Brand organization to conceptualize, design and develop innovative solutions that challenge the conventional wisdom. The role will proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with high-level business unit executives and will provide advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance and effective business use of information systems for GTN area. The role will analyze business processes; elicit, analyze and document business requirements; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility and make recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. The role will also be involved in translating business requirements into functional requirements; performing data and process modeling; managing change; and leading, coordinating/performing testing, verification, and validation of requirements. Responsibilities
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and business drivers and business strategy across multiple business units; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology;
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business area and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities (across multiple business areas) with high-level business unit executives providing key opinion-leading clients with comprehensive strategic analyses and insights to help them discover strategic uses of technology products and services.
- Develops, leads, or reviews the creation of information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of multiple business areas. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete. Conducts training.
- Makes recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. These may include business process outsourcing, application development or adopting business process management (BPM) practices.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTOs to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and BTOs to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS on behalf of customers; coordinates portfolio of solutions, and identifies interdependencies.
- Allies with other BTOs to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10-12 years of related work experience. Must have experience with Managed healthcare and Pricing systems. Experience with Specialty pharmacy operations, 340 B processes and Rebates procession is preferred
- Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
- Determines and develops approach and solutions to problem.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions. Strong analysis skills, portfolio mgmt. skills are preferred. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to take complex or ambiguous ideas and synthesize into clear and concise action.
- Innovative thinking, ability to influence and the ability to leverage past experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment. Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor matrix teams.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user's experience. Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practice and negotiation with IT suppliers