Perform GLP and research infectivity assays using a variety of different human pathogens, in human blood and blood products.
- Execute experiments, make observations, analyze data and interpret results, either independently or as a team member.
- Prepare and manipulate various blood products, including plasma, platelets and RBC.
- Develop, optimize and qualify or validate bacterial enumeration assays.
- Participate in the validation of new methods.
- May present results of data at departmental or project meetings.
- Maintain laboratory instruments.
- Document work in laboratory notebook in an accurate and timely manner.
- Drafts summary reports, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Contribute to project process within his/her scientific discipline.
- Assist in identifying patentable inventions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in a scientific discipline.
- Experience working with human blood products desirable.
- Experience working in a GLP or other regulated environment.
- Proficient in writing reports, regulatory submissions and publications.
- Solid understanding of GLP/GMP requirements.
- Understanding of laboratory procedures, equipment, and computerized data handling.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good communication skills (encompasses verbal, written, interpersonal, listening).
- Time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization).
- Attention to detail.