About Pivot Bio
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in crop nutrition. Our proprietary ON Technology™ harnesses the power of naturally occurring microbes to give crops increased access to key nutrients. It’s a smart, sustainable way for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
We are seeking an experienced Data Curator to create and implement an internal knowledge base to contribute to our discovery process and fine-tune our assay development. As a data driven company, this position will be instrumental in aiding creation of our next generation products.
- Design and implement an internal knowledge base that allows diverse stakeholders - eg. scientific, regulatory, communications - to review internal and related external data.
- Develop data flow, structure and best methods to capture and input data.
- Work closely with bioinformatics team to bridge data management and usage across internal laboratory data systems.
- Acquire and manage publicly available data and protocols, regularly monitoring scientific literature sources.
- Document and track internal practices to cross reference with relevant externally published practices.
- Curate internal protocols and internally generated data.
- Quality control internally generated data.
- Set standards for best practices of data use and data sharing between teams.
- Bachelors or Masters in Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Data Science, or similar subjects with minimum 2 years experience in data wrangling or database engineering
- Strong understanding of molecular biology and laboratory assays (e.g. PCR, DNA extraction, bacterial culture)
- Interest in and/or experience with prokaryotic metabolism and molecular plant-microbe interactions
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to acquire and review information quickly
- Skilled in a scripting languages (e.g. bash, R, Ruby) and relational database systems (SQL/POSTGres)
- Familiar with Linux/UNIX operating systems