Research Associate –Antibody Discovery
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associate to join our Antibody Discovery group.
• Carrying out immunoassays, antibody characterization using SPR-related technologies, and assay development.
• Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biological or Chemical Engineering or closely related field. Science degree with BS/BA degree with 0-3 years research experience, or Masters degree with relevant thesis research experience.
• Expertise in immunological assays such as ELISA, and FACS is desired.
• Technical proficiency in reagent/buffer preparation, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting, protein purification.
• Previous experience with antibodies, Biacore or Octet is a plus.
• Excellent team work and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Independent, innovative and creative thinker
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Detail oriented
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing responsibilities with high degree of self-motivation
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click 'Apply'