Evidence Solutions Director, Solid Tumors
The Evidence Solutions Director provides visibility and oversight of execution across Medical Affairs evidence generation activities for the assigned therapeutic area. Working in a high volume, fast paced environment, these roles will be accountable for providing visibility into the progress of a broad volume of activity in excess of 125+ research activities across affiliate, area and global teams. This includes all AbbVie Medical Affairs studies, Investigator Initiated Studies, partnered alliance research and collaborative research.
As a member of the Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT) and Global Evidence Team (GET) this individual will be accountable to provide the leadership and direction to ensure appropriate visibility on activity execution including bringing forward delays for risk mitigation discussions. The position creates a single point of contact on Medical Affairs research activities within the therapeutic area and is responsible for the complex cross functional integration necessary for a successful program.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Integral contributor to the Global Evidence Team (GET) Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT) to understand the evidence gap and develop evidence generation activities that appropriately address prioritized gaps
- Build and maintain high performing clinical program management team(s) ensuring alignment of individual goals with program and corporate goals.
- Accountable for clinical execution and on-time delivery of planned clinical milestones while ensuring compliance, quality, and meeting budget expectations.
- Integral in setting the operational strategy for a Therapeutic Area of compounds and studies.
- Reports to Senior Director, Evidence Solutions, Global Medical Affairs and will have direct report(s). Role will primarily be responsible for non-direct oversight of individuals who execute the evidence generation activities across the globe. Ability to influence will be critical to the success of this role.
- Responsible for budget build within assigned Therapeutic Area, and resource management, as well as identifying areas for potential cost savings
- Responsible for the oversight of risk mitigation, risk management and contingency plans at a TA level. Decision-making and strategic executions are critical to the success.
- Partners with TA Lead to be operational partner in helping team to develop best approach to close prioritized evidence gaps
- Maintains single view of evidence generation activities
- Facilitates annual research planning activities within assigned TA; including new research proposals, annual IIS strategic priorities and relevant clinical drug supply forecasting
- Identifies non-performing trials to return to GMAT for discussion
- Coordinates/establishes consistent alignment approach for evidence generation activities to proceed to committee
- Responsible for all alliance related evidence generation activities and processes, as applicable
- Responsible for the execution of TA multi-affiliate research not being led by Development Operations
- Cross functional link with Clinical Operations on GMA executed trials for design on existing or developing trials to bridge gap
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for a focus in a science or biomedical discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have at least 12 years of Pharma-related/ clinical research/project management related experience (and/or applicable work experience).
- 8 years (and/or applicable work experience) in clinical research/project management demonstrating a high level of core, technical, and leadership competencies through setting and driving strategy and leading a global team in the management and completion of multiple, complex clinical studies.
- Effective leadership skills with a proven ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness, especially in situations of situational leadership/influence.
- Demonstration of successful coaching and mentoring globally.
- Ideal candidate possesses both clinical research and project management experience that extends beyond registration trials. Experience in real-world evidence preferred.
- Demonstration of successful execution of a program in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and productively in diverse organization structures.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and negotiation skills.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the ‘essence' and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality