Manager, Contract Analytics
- As a key member of the Contract Analytics team, this individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Finance, Forecasting, IT, Legal, Marketing, and Pricing as well as field based Account Managers to establish approved contracting terms. With a focus on commercial and government contracting, rebate programs, and trade agreements this role will help to ensure Abbvie has the appropriate pricing and contracting strategy in place for our current products, as well as future pipeline products.
The Contract Analytics function focuses on improving the effectiveness of pharmaceutical contracting efforts with key Commercial and Government payors through sophisticated analytical methods.
- Responsible for communicating findings, results and recommendations of analysis/research within and across franchises to improve gross-to-net sales performance while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results
- Strengthening the execution of pricing and contracting strategies by testing, refining, and suggesting methods to optimize contracting models and methodologies
- Modeling payor response to potential contract terms, formulary placement and utilization management tactics for National and Regional Commercial, Medicare, and State Health Exchange (HIX) accounts, and make recommendations
- Developing an understanding of contracting strategies in each customer segment; build and sustain strong working relationships with Account Managers/Directors and Marketing Directors in each segment; develop familiarity with key contracts in each segment
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields (or similar): Market Research, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in market research analytics, economic modeling/pricing analysis and/or sales/marketing operations support in the pharmaceutical, PBM/health plan/insurance or related industry
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Truven, Symphony Health, Business One Technologies, Pinsonault, HIRC, etc.)
- Experience performing higher level statistical and/or actuarial analysis preferred
- Experience performing economic/budget impact modeling related to payors (PBM or Health Plans) or pharmaceutical outcomes research data
- Experience running simulation modeling scenarios using modeling tools (e.g., Monte Carlo)
- Master's degree or advanced statistical certification preferred