Senior Scientist, High Throughput Chemistry
The Discovery Chemistry and Technology group has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join the High Throughput Chemistry (HTC) team. This scientist will conceive and execute organic synthetic methods and chemistry technologies. The candidate will act as a lead scientist in his/her area of expertise on one or more projects, and critically evaluate relevant scientific advances and integrate this knowledge into research programs.
- Devise novel synthetic techniques and synthesize libraries in a high throughout manner to advance Structure Activity Relationships
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve key chemistry issues by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise
- Proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual project(s) as well as the overall program
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences
- Effective writer and communicator of research or other regulatory materials
- Publish project-related research in high-impact factor peer-reviewed journals, R&D reports, patent applications and/or regulatory documents/filings
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards, and safe laboratory practices for self and reporting staff, if any
- Participate in establishing project goals, defining short and long-term scientific strategies, and contribute to the generation of project-related documents and presentations
- Use external information to gain competitive intelligence
- Act as advocate to integrate this knowledge into the group's research efforts
- Generate new research or development strategies to effectively address project and divisional goals/needs
- Collaborate with functional and technical experts to facilitate scientific achievement
Position will be hired based on level of experience:
- PhD, MS, or BS in Organic Chemistry with 0+years (PhD); 8+ years (MS); or 10+ years (BS) of postdoctoral and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in research or development activities
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Demonstrated strong expertise in synthetic organic chemistry, particularly in methodology development, with a proven record of synthetic problem-solving skills
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or related field with 2 years of related experience
- Experience in the area of biocatalysis, flow chemistry, photoredox chemistry and related chemistry technology development
- Hands-on experience in the areas of High Throughput Chemistry synthesis and/or High Throughput Experimentation.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages to reality
If you are interested in a career with AbbVie, our culture, news and work environment, join our Talent Community to learn more.
Connect with us!