Manager, Market Access Insights
As a leader in the Marketing Research and Analytics team supporting Managed Health Care (MHC) Marketing, this individual will play an important role in upcoming immunology product launches as well as in ensuring the continued success and growth of existing franchise sales within Managed Markets. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Brand Market Research/Analytics, Managed Care Marketing and Brand Marketing to conduct custom primary as well as secondary market research and data analytics that identify commercial opportunities and threats, support the development of Payor and channel-specific strategies and tactics, provide data analytic support for Value Based Engagements, enable continuous learning from ad-hoc analyses, and ensure managed care alignment across brand centric research and analytics. The MHC Marketing Research and Analytics function focuses on improving the effectiveness of managed care messaging and tactics across multiple therapeutic classes and customer segments through a combination of custom research, secondary data analysis and syndicated studies. The Marketing Research and Analytics Manager is responsible for insights generated through strategic managed markets focused research (government payors, employers, health plans, etc.), product specific studies, and syndicated services and is knowledgeable in demonstrating how to integrate and consume secondary data such as IMS/SHA/Formulary & Coverage Policy data. These insights are critical to develop and optimally execute AbbVie's MHC strategies. Key Job Responsibilities The MHC Marketing Research and Analytics Manager will be responsible for guiding the communication of findings, results and recommendations of analysis/research within Brand Market Research/Analytics teams and across to the franchises to improve Payor and channel knowledge (government, employers, health plans, trade & distribution, etc.) and reflection of insights to brand strategies while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- In collaboration with Brand Market Research/Analytics partners, consulting with marketing leadership to formulate strategy, identify potential tactical initiatives, enhance promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring/improving program execution.
- Building relationships internally - e.g., with Brand Market Research/Analytics teams, MHC Marketing & Sales, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. - to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Demonstrating working knowledge in understanding implications of government programs and policies and their impacts on the health care landscape, Payors (both private and governmental), disease states and treatment options.
- Supporting execution of marketing strategy by ensuring that all research and activities are aligned with and executed in accordance with the larger strategic plan, guiding team on interpreting channel/brand marketing strategy into market research objectives and priorities.
- Supporting the execution of Value Based Engagements through primary and secondary research and data analytics
- Monitoring lessons learned based on historical marketing campaign performance, and identifying implications to enhance the process/practice and gain approval on plans.
- Understanding market research design and implications for the therapeutic area and customer segment, identifying sound approaches to research based on the hypotheses and situational constraints, interpreting research findings and synthesizes them into actionable business insights, differentiating analytical techniques based on their appropriate use, working collaboratively with other functions and vendors on the design and management of research.
- Demonstrating awareness, use and integration of secondary data sources, integrating findings across studies to provide strategic insight, and guiding research decisions based on applicability and limitations of primary versus secondary research.
- Delivering research and analytical findings objectively to Managed Markets Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers, regardless of the implications of their results.
- Conducting analytics through the integration of complex datasets that frame the parameters around trade initiatives, assessment, segmentation and targeting strategies, hypothesis testing, pilot experiment design, and predictive analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Symphony Health, HIRC, HSG, Formulary & coverage policy data etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in market analytics, marketing research, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
- Master's degree / MBA
- Immunology experience
- Managed Health Care experience