Senior Manager, Payor Contract Analytics
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives As a key member of the Contract Analytics team, this individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Finance, Forecasting, IT, Legal, Marketing, and Pricing as well as field based Account Managers to establish approved contracting terms. With a focus on commercial and government contracting, rebate programs, and trade agreements this role will help to ensure AbbVie has the appropriate pricing and contracting strategy in place for our current products, as well as future pipeline products. The Contract Analytics function focuses on improving the effectiveness of pharmaceutical contracting efforts with key Commercial and Government payors through sophisticated analytical methods. The Contract Analytics Sr. Manager will take a leadership role in driving the effectiveness of the Managed Markets sales function across multiple therapeutic areas and customer segments. The Contract Analytics Sr. Manager is responsible for data analysis that advises and optimally executes AbbVie's contracting strategies and is knowledgeable demonstrating how to integrate and consume both secondary data such as IMS/WK as well as customer supplied rebate claims data. Major Responsibilities The Contracting Analytics Sr. Manager will be responsible for communicating findings, results and recommendations of analysis/research within and across franchises to improve gross-to-net sales performance while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- Strengthening the execution of pricing and contracting strategies by testing, refining, and suggesting methods to optimize contracting models and methodologies.
- Developing an understanding of contracting strategies in each customer segment; build and sustain strong working relationships with Account Managers/Directors and Marketing Directors in each segment; develop familiarity with key contracts in each segment.
- Modeling payor response to potential contract terms, formulary placement and utilization management tactics for National Commercial and Medicare accounts, and make recommendations.
- Interfacing with key customers to share results of contract analyses.
- Tracking post-deal account level performance, conducting variance analysis, and assessing ROI using customer and secondary data sources.
- Providing analyses via report and presentation to Managed Markets Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers.
- Informing financial projections by leading cross-functional meetings where post-deal account performance and variance analyses are shared.
- Developing brand level annual net sales forecasts for key National Commercial and Medicare accounts and track performance vs expectations.
- Analyzing impact of price/discount strategies, merger and acquisition rate exposure, and competitive actions on portfolio performance.
- Consulting with managed care account management to develop metrics for identifying opportunities that improve geographic and/or account performance.
- Developing analytical methods to assess adherence program ROI, and advising the payouts on contracted adherence agreements.
- Gathering data from multiple sources (e.g., customer rebates, chargebacks, IMS and Symphony, etc.) and update existing analysis tools and core data.
- Assisting in developing business information management and reporting metrics, techniques, tools, and systems.
- Evaluate and receive new and relevant data sources, data mining, business information and analytical approaches to enhance modeling accuracy.
- Developing working familiarity with government price calculations.
- Build relationships internally - e.g., with Pricing, Finance, Account Directors, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. - to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Demonstrating proficiency in understanding implications of ACA and impacts on the health care landscape, payors (both private and governmental), disease states and treatment options.
- Ensuring seamless integration between collaboration with Commercial Analytics and Operations departments (ie, Market Research, Compliance, Sales Planning, Sales Reporting, Sales Operations, Training, etc.) as well as Pricing to improve analytical and operational efficiencies, and provide strategic insight.
- Lead the monitoring of lessons learned based on historical contract performance, identifying implications to enhance the process/practice and gain approval on plans, and act as subject matter expert in implementation.
- Required: Bachelors degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics; Masters/MBA strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Symphony Health, IHS, Business One Technologies, Pinsonault, HIRC, etc….).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in market analytics, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
- Proven ability to influence the development of IT systems required to support analytic data consumption.
- The Contract Analytics Sr. Manager generally manages all products in different therapeutic areas and/or life cycle positions. Each of these conditions can and usually implies a different therapy utilization management, contracting strategy, analytical support and data integration. The Contract Analytics Sr. Manager will also be assigned to support a specific Managed Care Region and several corresponding Regional Managed Care accounts.
- The Contract Analytics Sr. Manager's experience and status will enable the individual to take on an integration role with customers, guiding them through the support organization to obtain contracting assistance.
- Accounts within scope of the position exceed $1.5B in AbbVie sales.