Manager, Global Biological Safety
AbbVie is looking for a Global Biological Safety Manager who has the responsibility for providing training, and reviewing projects and facilities for compliance with Biological Safety regulations and guidelines established by local, state and country authorities. This position provides a special competency in containment of infectious material and the management of biological hazards. This position will give technical guidance to management and supervisors on the control and containment of infectious agents and other biohazards.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable biological safety global regulations and company policies and procedures for scope of responsibility
- Monitor industry standards and regulatory requirements, practices and enforcement trends and maintain a level of technical expertise to support company compliance for scope of responsibility
- Develop and implement systems for scope of responsibility to enable AbbVie to operate in legal and ethical compliance while aligned with the Zero. Believe it. Achieve it philosophy with regard to EHS issues.
- Communicate compliance status, Key Performance Indicators, trends, priority issues and business impact to key stakeholders, including senior management
- Lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to represent EHS objectives related to the subject matter and meet the team's overall objectives and deliverables
- Bachelor's degree required (Biology, microbiology, or related scientific discipline)
- 10 years of relevant work experience or Master's degree with 8 years of relevant work experience required
- Master's degree preferred (Microbiology or Public Health with a focus on Biohazard Sciences)
- Registered Biosafety Professional (RBP) or Certified Biological Safety Professional (CBSP) strongly preferred
Position may be filled at a lower level depending on experience of selected candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled