Specialty Pharmacy Product Manager
AbbVie has a strong specialty product portfolio that serves patients in the areas of Immunology, HCV, Oncology, with new specialty medications in development. A cross-therapeutic team within the Managed Markets organization specializes in the Pharmacy Channel and partners with Specialty and Retail Pharmacies to provide access, services and resources to ensure optimal patient care.
As a member of the Trade Pharmacy Marketing team, the Specialty Pharmacy Product Manager will be the AbbVie pharmacy liaison and work closely with external pharmacy partners, as well as internal field and home office personnel to implement and enhance brand programs and initiatives. The individual will foster teamwork across multiple stakeholders by collaborating with the Integrated Brand Teams' investment decisions with financial analyses related to marketing programs across all pharmacy channels. The role will primarily support the US Specialty franchise (Neuroscience, Virology, Women's Health and Metabolics), with opportunities to support other therapeutic areas, as needs and abilities dictate.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Channel Planning and Implementation - Support the development of the Pharmacy Channel vision, strategy and tactics
- Distribution Plan - Execute specialty and retail pharmacy distribution contracts (including product discount, data, and services)
- Pharmacy Services - Monitor pharmacy services against the Pharmacy contracts deliverables and expectations.
- Pharmacy Enhancement of Brand Care Models - Identify, support and execute pharmacy services that are aligned with and advance the capabilities of the brand patient care programs.
- Contract Management - Support and execute all assigned pharmacy contracts (retail and specialty), collaborating with the Contract Operations team.
- Drive for results - Through the sales force via clear and concise communication and delivering impactful initiatives to ensure pharmacy contracts are compliant.
- Specialty Pharmacy Services Model - Assist in developing the AbbVie standard for Specialty Pharmacy high-touch services
- Pharmacy Marketing Materials - Support identification and development of high-impact promotional material that supports patient needs and brand strategic objectives
- Compliance - Ensures that regulatory and legal restrictions and guidance is followed
- Pharmacy Expertise - Stays abreast of recent industry trends
- Department Operations - Support the P&L responsibilities for projects related to sales and promotional budgets.
- Responsible for all core marketing responsibilities and business processes
- Budget Support - Secure budget from Brand Team, effectively manage budget for programs by completing projects on time and on budget
- 10 years of Pharmaceutical Marketing experience, including 5 years of experience in pharmacy program management/marketing.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP).
- Contract negotiation experience
- Managed Markets experience
- Ability to develop and manage projects cross-functionally
- Multiple therapeutic area experience
- Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process. Understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively partner across multiple stakeholders (i.e. Sales Leadership, Brand Marketing, MABI, Legal, IT, Finance)
- Command of the following software programs - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced degree.
- Relationships with a network of Specialty / Retail Pharmacies
- Experience in marketing/ program management with specialty pharmacy channel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Travel: 20% Travel