Thought Leader Liaison, Oncology - Southeast
The Thought Leader Liaison, Solid Tumors Oncology will report to the Commercial Director, Thought Leader Liaisons
Key responsibilities include:
- Agile and Accountable:
- Develop, implement and maintain accountability for interactions and feedback with regional and local oncology external experts (TLs) (physician and nurse) across the US.
- Decide, Smart, and Sure:
- Manage regional component of Speaker's Bureau, both in programs, analyzing metrics, and most importantly, training speakers for the programs.
- Lead all congress related engagement activities in region, including supporting and measuring any ongoing TL strategies and tactics
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed
- Make Possibilities Real:
- Must continually identify and develop TL's, to consistently build our TL base for the franchise and the brand
- Partner with brand marketing and cross-functional partners, TLL's to develop, refine, execute and measurement of the AbbVie US Oncology External Expert
- Engagement strategy including National and Regional Advisory boards
- Create regional strategies with cross-functional partners
- Partner with marketing to create and then implement regional tactical plans
- All for One AbbVie:
- Create seamless regional communication plan with product collaboration partners to assure a coordinated approach to collaboration product-specific thought leader requests, including coordination of speaker programs and consultancy availability to marketing and field representatives.
- Travel up, depending on geography and targets, may be up to 80% of the time.
- Position can be remotely based. Needs to be able to work effectively while engaged in travel and deliver timely results.
- Partner with internal cross functional partners including and not limited to sales, marketing, medical affairs, legal, compliance, and,managed care .
- Clear and Courageous:
- Must be able to build and foster collaboration with cross functional partners.
- Participate as needed in cross-functional or other project teams and/or supporting the Marketing Team and overall franchise
- Bachelor's Degree required. Health care certification/qualification (e.g. RN, RPh, other) is preferred
- Previous extensive oncology experience required with demonstrated experience in academic settings
- At least 2 years' previous direct experience with solid tumors Lung and/or glioblastoma thought leaders (physician and nurse) with demonstrated access to academic and key institutions
- Ability to provide at least 5 external expert recommendations
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal, collaboration and data discussion skill sets
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative and /or quantitative goals
- Proven & thorough knowledge of commercial issues associated with highly competitive oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
- 5 or more years' work experience required in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, specifically in solid tumors including lung and/or glioblastoma and oncology preferred
- A minimum of 2 years' previous field management experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry is preferred