Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Cell Based & Bioanalytical Assay Dev
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our expanding Assay Development team. Individual with Cancer Immunology-related hands-on experience is preferred as he/she will be responsible for the design and execution of mechanistic-based in vitro bioassays for the identification and prioritization of new cancer product candidates. He/She must be independent, proactive and have a strong desire to work in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Design and perform in vitro cell-based assays including flow cytometry-based assays
• Isolate immune cell populations from blood or rodent tissues
• Perform H&E or Ab-based staining on fresh frozen or fixed rodent tissue slices.
• Perform transfection/transduction for cell line generation
• Execute ELISAs and other binding assays a plus
• Manage and maintain mammalian cell culture facility
• Analyze, interpret and present data in internal project team meetings
• Able to write technical reports a plus
• Other duties may be assigned
Requirements for position include:
• B.S./M.S. in Cell Biology, Immunology, Cancer Biology or related scientific discipline.
• At least 3-5 years of full-time laboratory experience in an industry setting, preferably in Oncology
• Must have extensive hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture; immunology- based in vitro assay development and execution, and flow cytometry-based assays
• Ability to perform immunostaining on tissue sections
• Hands-on experience with ELISA and binding assays a plus
• Need to have good communication, written and presentation skills
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with other R&D members in a multi-disciplinary team setting
• Must have good knowledge in mathematical calculations, EC50 & IC50 determinations, T-test and ANOVA analysis
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GraphPad Prism