Project Manager - Cardiology / Neurology
The Project Manager (PM), based out of our global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA supports the cross-activities of pipeline or inline products at Amgen. The PM will functional drug development and commercialization be report into the Director of Global Program Management.
The Project Manager drives the development and manages the execution of high quality, project plans in support of the overall program strategy for assigned work packages within the cross-functional sub-teams called Work Package Teams (WPTs). The WPTs include 1) Evidence Generation Teams (EGTs) that are focused on clinical development activities 2) Product Delivery Teams (PDTs) that are focused on operations/manufacturing activities 3) Insights & Brand Platform Teams (IBPTs) that are focused on global marketing, pricing, access, and reimbursement activities.
The Project Manager applies project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects.
The Project Manager is specifically responsible for:
- Partners with functional leads to develop high quality, project plans for deliverables within the cross-functional work package teams that are aligned with the overall program strategy
- Identifies key deliverables for each function and their inter-dependencies
- Ensures cross-functional alignment and accountability
- Identifyies project issues or resource gaps and facilitating resolution
- Drives decision making using Amgen's DAI framework
- Monitors and communicates project progress and variance through timeline management
- Supports risk management and scenario planning for product teams
- Develops and monitors project deliverables within the work package teams
- Documents issues, decisions and action items
- Escalates project issues to Global Program Manager (GPM) or Work Package Team Senior Program Manager, as appropriate
- Implements decisions from the Product Team (in conjunction with Work Package team lead and Team Senior PM)
- Coordinates activities with external business partners and alliances, where applicable; contributing to partnership contract deliverables
- Develops deliverables status summaries inform management
- Produces communication plans for product work packages
- Serves as a single point of contact for the project management of assigned work packages.
- Provides project information to GPM and/or SPM / Work Package Team Lead for incorporation into commercialization deliverables and program timelines
- Provides project information at work package team meetings and to other stakeholders
- Supports work package communication across functions and regions
- Participates in special department, cross-functional, or team projects
- Applies best practice project management to Amgen's global commercialization process
Master's degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
- Advanced degree or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related field
- Experience in a drug development Project Management role
- Drug development knowledge with awareness of key functions which may include Research, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory
- Experience using Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.