Sr. Project Manager
Position: Senior Project Manager
4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA is a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions.
The company is in need of talented, experienced and motivated a Senior Project Manager to support Research cross-functional project team initiatives. The successful and experienced candidate will support an R&D project which may include one internally developed by 4D and/or a partnered project managed in collaboration with our large pharma company or Patient Foundation partners.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and successfully execute written project plans and integrated timelines in close collaboration with Research project team members.
- Collaboratively partner with cross functional team members from key functional areas including Research, Regulatory, Legal, Process Development and Manufacturing, Quality, Translational Research and Finance to develop and execute integrated product development plans to achieve goals.
- Maintain functional alignment of plans with project strategy; track key project activities and actions, timelines, and costs to meet project goals.
- Under the direction of the assigned therapeutic area Project Leader, executes Contract Management activities for assigned outsourcing engagements including contract changes, issue resolution, contract clarifications
- Synthesize numerous sources of data and key analysis translating into specific actions to support company strategy.
- Ensure adequacy of project resources with research team and Department Heads.
- Anticipate, identify, communicate, and propose resolution options for discrepancies in priorities, plans, and activities for immediate resolution.
- Establish and monitor team member responsibilities, if applicable.
- Report project status and issues to senior management.
- When required, support due diligence, transactional process, legal review, deal valuation, and deal closure.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences. An advanced degree is a plus for this position.
- Must have experience in the life sciences/pharmaceutical industry or other comparable field. The ideal candidate will have operational experience, particularly in project management, operational planning, and/or alliance management
- Eight or more years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry including direct project management in clinical stage drug development, experience with Phase 1 project and IND submissions is strongly preferred
- Analytical and decision-making skills; interpersonal, communication and organizational skills critical
- Empathetic leader with ability to think globally and strategically
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize complex and conflicting responsibilities and/or issues in challenging and time sensitive situations
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills with ability to work in a small company environment
- Proven ability applying project management best practices
- Hands on experience developing and managing projects with MS Project and/or related software programs and tools
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking as well as a willingness to lead initiatives through implementation and integration
- Excellent communication skills including ability to deliver presentations to senior executives
- A proven ability to quickly learn the intricacies of the gene therapy market (potentially demonstrated through analogous experience)
- Ability to build relationships and successfully interface with senior management, external consultants, partners and cross functional teams
- Significant experience and knowledge of the global pharmaceutical business with sound knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry and processes
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and implement strategic plans
- Solid technical and financial background with ability to quickly determine technical and financial feasibility of a project
- Strong business & analytical abilities, organizational and planning skills
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Outstanding decision making and problem solving abilities
- Proven application of strategic thinking, project management and change management skills
- Demonstrate ability to identify risk and provide risk-aversion solutions
- Ability to work in a team based environment, cooperatively and supportive of multiple viewpoints and approaches
- Ability to motivate and drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, TelePresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, often stressful environment
- Effective negotiation and positive influencing abilities; Proven ability to manage change and work effectively and diplomatically in conflict situations
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills
- Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint & Word; knowledge of Microsoft Professional and SharePoint are a plus
4DMT offers competitive benefits, compensation, incentive cash and stock plans as well as a team-based, collaborative, entrepreneurial and collegial environment. Qualified candidates may submit their resume to email@example.com