Scientist, Mammalian Cell Culture Process Development
Ambrx is a biopharmaceutical company enabling a new field of protein medicinal chemistry, using a fundamentally new technology that directs incorporation of amino acids beyond nature’s conserved set into biosynthetic proteins to produce high value biologics products. Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated Scientist I/II to be a key member of a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
The candidate will be responsible for developing cell culture medium, feeding strategies, process parameter optimization, and scale-up to support R&D, large scale production, pre-clinical, and clinical activities. Participation in writing development reports, protocols, batch records and technology transfer will also be required. This scientist should demonstrate strong scientific/technical and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively. The candidate will apply biological and engineering expertise to develop recombinant protein production processes suitable for large-scale cGMP manufacturing and acts as a mentor for those with similar or less engineering expertise, providing both technical expertise and leadership to understand potential career paths. This job may require some travel to development partners and other manufacturing sites both in and outside the US.
- PhD with 2+ years, or Master’s degree with 8+ years of industry experience, specializing in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Must have hands on experience in process development utilizing CHO cells to produce biologics using spin tubes, shake flasks, and bioreactors
- Knowledgeable in cell culture process scale-up and technology transfer to contract manufacturing organizations.
- Must have a proven record of innovation and have the ability to apply scientific and engineering principles to solve complex problems.
- A good understanding of cell physiology, metabolism, and cell biology
- Ability to multitask and adapt in a fast paced environment and stay focused on project deliverables.
- Work with minimum supervision in designing and executing experiments and analyzing data.
Additional Desired Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis of data.
- Working knowledge of GMPs and experience writing SOPs and batch records.
- Medium development experience for CHO cell culture
- Experience with pilot scale bioreactors and primary recovery equipment.
- To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE