Principal Scientist, Cell Engineering
Eurofins DiscoverX Corporation is searching for a Principal Scientist of Cell Engineering based in Fremont, CA.
Eurofins DiscoverX is seeking an experienced scientist to lead a new cell engineering/gene editing initiative within our assay development team. The successful candidate will apply their expertise with a variety of gene editing technologies to a variety of interdisciplinary projects to support the expansion of product and service capabilities across Eurofins Pharma Discovery Services (EPDS).
Principal Scientist of Cell Engineering responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Expected to serve as cell engineering expert within R&D team and establish in-house expertise with a variety of technologies, including CRISPR, shRNA, TALENs or ZFNs as appropriate
- Hands-on development and characterization of genetically modified cells/cell lines using appropriate technology to support product development, custom client projects or phenotypic screens for integrated drug discovery projects, in primary cells and immortalized cell lines
- Provide appropriate documentation and technical support for downstream users of engineered cells lines
- Candidate will be expected to grow into a leadership role to manage cross-site projects
- Provide scientific input for new development and/or client projects and identify new areas for technology development to support business needs
- Present results in both written and oral format and deliver data and/or completed reports to appropriate stakeholders within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience with culture and differentiation of primary cells and ES or hIPSCs highly desirable
- Experience with high- or medium- throughput screening using cell-based assays is a plus
- Demonstrated track record in managing time and resources to meet critical deadlines
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, efficient and able to multitask
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or equivalent in molecular biology, cell biology, pharmacology or a related discipline,
- Minimum of 3 years of industry (preferred) or 6 years of academic experience
- Demonstrated expertise in standard molecular and cell biology techniques including, but not limited to, cloning, genome editing with CRISPR/Cas9 or TALENs, RNAi, Western blotting, quantitative PCR, NGS, flow cytometry and immunofluorescence techniques
- Expertise in design of genome editing constructs for knock-in as well as knock-outs using CRISPR or TALENs
- Extensive mammalian cell culture expertise with both primary and immortalized cells required
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins DiscoverX, please visit our website at www.discoverx.com
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.