Scientific Study Director
Eurofins DiscoverX is searching for a Scientific Study Director to join our team in South San Francisco, CA.
Eurofins DiscoverX is a leader in providing solutions and support to the pharmaceutical industry by developing, manufacturing, and commercializing reagents, cell-based assay kits, and profiling and screening services. We are seeking a Scientific Study Director to support our BioMAP platform in our South San Francisco location. The BioMAP division of Eurofins DiscoverX supports the BioMAP platform, an innovative, powerful in vitro phenotypic profiling platform that provides translational biology support for clients’ drug discovery programs.
Scientific Study Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manages multiple client projects, including the design, analysis and interpretation of multivariate data
• Provides scientific expertise and consultation to our clients in terms of applying their results to their drug development programs
• Engages existing and new clients to expand client relationships
• Provides guidance and oversight for compliance and scientific integrity of the studies to ensure that studies are performed in a compliant manner
• Represents the company externally by presenting at symposiums, conferences, and other relevant industry meetings
• Maintains a knowledgebase of relevant and changing scientific literature and incorporates current information and technologies into the BioMAP platform to support the predictive value and knowledge to help guide client programs
• Works cross-functionally with the Operations team to provide guidance and identify areas for process improvement
• Works collaboratively with the scientific and business development teams to develop new services and tools to expand the BioMAP platform
• Conceives and executes case studies using public reference compounds or with collaborators for presentation or publication
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
• Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
• Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
• Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
• Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Comprehensive knowledge of human primary cell based assay and cell culture techniques
• Previous experience in drug development, particularly in inflammation and immune-oncology drug development is highly desired
• Previous assay development experience or previous CRO experience is a plus.
• Must be able to follow standard operating procedures, make careful observations, and keep clear and complete records of work
• Critical thinking, systematic problem-solving skills, and good operative skills in the design and conduct of scientific experiments and interpretation of results
• Strong track record in publishing and presenting scientific findings
• Scientific excellence, team spirit, creativity, and enthusiasm for the drug discovery process are required for the position
• Ability to independently design and analyze cell-based experiments that have been generated by a variety of techniques including immunoassays, flow cytometry, and basic molecular biology techniques
• Superior presentation, communication and analytical skills with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate in a global environment, with a diverse range of people and job functions
• Reliable, proactive, hands-on attitude and the ability to independently implement research projects
• Organized, self-motivated, team player and consensus builder with a creative mind, in order to establish and implement innovative business solutions and concepts
• Well organized but with a sense of urgency to meet company goals
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• Ph.D. in the life sciences, with a minimum of 3 years of postdoctoral experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries
• Experience with data analysis, including experience with programs such as Prism, Spotfire, Tableau and R
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm with additional hours and overtime, as needed. Candidates living within a commutable distance from South San Francisco, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins DiscoverX, please visit our website at www.discoverx.com
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.