Cell Based Assay Scientist III
Eurofins DiscoverX Corporation is searching for a Cell Based Assay Scientist III in Fremont, CA.
The successful candidate for the scientist position will become an integral member of the research and development team, with responsibility for cell biology aspects of assay development using Eurofins DiscoverX EFC technologies.
Cell Based Assay Scientist III responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Optimize new cell-based assays for product development and custom projects across multiple Eurofins DiscoverX EFC technology platforms under minimal guidance
• Perform cloning and characterization of engineered cell lines using molecular and cell biology techniques
• Perform proof-of-concept experiments to validate application of new molecular technologies to the Eurofins DiscoverX platform
• Perform testing of cell-based assays from multiple Eurofins DiscoverX technology platforms with client molecules and record results in company database
• Prepare and present experimental data at group laboratory meetings
• Work diligently to meet product development goals set by management team
• Provide supporting functions to the R&D team such as ordering and maintaining reagents/supplies, maintaining accurate notes and records, effective communication with other DiscoverX departments
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
• Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
• Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
• Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
• Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Experience working in a commercially-focused lab environment is a plus
• Highly motivated individual with excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
• Must be team-oriented with a demonstrated track record working in a collaborative environment
• Detail oriented
Basic Minimum Qualification:
• B.S. or M.S. in cell biology, biochemistry, immunology or related discipline, with a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience
• Previous experience performing mammalian cell culture (preferably with both adherent and suspension cells) and cell-based assays required
• Previous work with immune cells in culture (e.g. handling PBMCs, isolation of T cells, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with flow cytometry methods and analysis
• Familiarity with signaling pathways and/or immunooncology
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins DiscoverX, please visit our website at www.discoverx.com
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.