Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of a next generation immunotoxin platform technology called Engineered Toxin Bodies (ETB) in oncology. MTEM's lead program, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and additional pipeline drug candidates are being advanced toward clinical development for a variety of cancers. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-skilled and highly-motivated professional to lead financial planning and analysis efforts. The Manager, FP&A will be primarily responsible for supporting the Company's corporate and clinical departments, including clinical operations, regulatory and legal departments. This position will support monthly financial close activities, ongoing budgeting and analysis support, and implementation and maintenance of complex Excel models, specifically related to clinical trial activity. This role requires strong background in accounting for clinical trials, excellent analytical, organizational and prioritization skills, and ability to apply attention to detail.
- Manage accounting functions and preparation of reports, including but not limited to: Act as primary liaison and accounting expert for clinical operations, project managers and clinical trials managers, work closely with corporate and clinical teams, plus CROs, to validate project completion and accruals, review clinical trial contracts and amendments for accounting implications and prepare contract summaries for relevant accounting considerations, track invoices received from vendors, manage routing for approval, and provide appropriate departmental and project coding, track spend to date against purchase orders and contracts, prepare accurate journal entries and account reconciliations, contribute to the monthly close process, and develop and distribute financial operating reports, including monthly and quarterly financial statements and associated variance reporting to budget and prior periods.
- Conduct financial planning and analysis, such as: Prepare, administer and direct control of budget, work closely with Clinical and Corporate Departments in the aggregation of planned spend by project/function and prepare departmental budget, ensure that forecasts and budgets accurately reflect the financial aspects of clinical trials, provide financial analyses to support business requirements or decision making, and provide variance analysis reporting on regular and ad hoc basis
- Implement and support SOX control procedures.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives and special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance-related major
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience, with recent experience as R&D/clinical Accountant or Manager for publicly-traded biotechnology/pharmaceutical, required
- Demonstrated experience managing complex Excel-based clinical trial accounting models for clinical trials, required
- Combined experience of public accounting and biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, preferred
- CPA preferred
- Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP), preferred
- Proficient in use of advanced Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively, and exercise good judgement
- Ability to synthesize complex information from data from multiple sources.
- Ability to apply attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage projects for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive and high-volume environment
- Ability to effectively identify key contacts for follow-up and communicate project status to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding and timeliness
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, FP&A.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.