By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
In this position your responsibility will be to design and development of novel products used in cell culture and cell therapy, including tools for expansion, identification and differentiation. Skills and techniques used include cell culture and bioassays, immunomagnetic cell separation, immunostaining, FACS Analysis, etc.
- Perform laboratory experiments to support product development and release.
- Identify and determine critical products needed in the cell culture/cell therapy research areas.
- Train technical staff within the group. Assist team with evaluation of experimental results and guidance in next steps.
- Work with all Biotech functional groups in order to successfully complete product development projects.
- Represent R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand at professional meetings.
- Assist marketing and technical service groups in the promotion and service of Cell Culture/Cell Therapy products. Ensure that communication from these groups is scientifically accurate.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology, or related field with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of post-doctoral independent research experience with demonstrated research productivity.
- Experience in cell culture media development and/or extracellular matrices is preferred.
- Must have potential to develop a comprehensive product development program.
- Must be able to work in a team environment to complete projects.
- Requires strong communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Computer entry and/or typing skills are desirable.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multi task, and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Scientific knowledge for experimental design, laboratory skills to perform experiments and analytical ability to solve problems.
- Knowledge of current literature related to stem cell/developmental biology research.
- Knowledge of scientific principles.
- Knowledge of stem cell/developmental biology product lines.
- Knowledge of safety and company procedures and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and work in a team environment.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)