Alkahest is searching for an experienced Project Manager to lead full lifecycle management for drug development across an exciting array of new products. The PM will be responsible for working with internal and external resources to deliver exceptional, high quality project plans across all phases from concept to market.
This is a hands-on position with real leadership of every aspect of development, enabling exposure to every aspect of the process from mouse to man.
Starting from the day you join, you will need to jump into the process supporting a new product candidate. You will need to rapidly absorb relevant information on this and other products and where each is within the development process. Then, create project timelines and be instrumental in driving the next phases.
If you have the work ethic and mental agility to embrace a very fast paced and rapidly evolving environment, you will be rewarded through diverse and exciting experiences. This is your chance to add real value to an entrepreneurial organization that supports innovation and new ideas and welcomes passionate but team-oriented colleagues looking for a deeper understanding of human aging in order to improve the healthspan of patients worldwide.
· Establish and maintain Program Development Plans and functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses and ensure accurate inputs are provided into business planning processes. Ensure alignment with project sub-teams and functional partners. Proactively identify project risks; prepare mitigation and contingency plans
· Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
· Communicate, document and archive project team activities and decisions. Act as a primary contact for project team related information.
· Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
· Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes.
· Partner with the team leader to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high-level of sustainable performance by contributing to team management best practices.
The Ideal candidate is/has:
· A BA or BS degree in the Life Sciences; advanced degree is desired
· Greater than 5 years multi-disciplinary knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with at least 3 years direct project management in drug development
· Strong proficiency with the application of project management practices, tools, and methodology to the drug development process
· Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project budgets and product valuations; understanding of portfolio management concepts
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills. You will need to be comfortable collaborating and communicating with stakeholders at all levels both within and external to the company.
· Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way
· Ability to translate strategy into action; strong influence, negotiation, and presentation skills
· Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgement
· Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated
· Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources. Proficient in MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
· Global experience and PMP certification is a plus.
· Experience supporting early stage development projects, including IND filing activities, is a plus