Field Service Engineer - Chicago
We are seeking an experienced field engineer to service revolutionary protein analysis instruments. You will be a key member of a team responsible for maintaining instruments and supporting customers for the Chicago region. You will analyze and evaluate equipment performance and respond to customer requests for instrument maintenance. You will maintain an intense focus on customer/cross functional team communication, and customer satisfaction.
Work experience requirements:
- Proven customer-oriented skills in technical support and problem solving.
- Ability to diagnose and independently repair complex electro-mechanical equipment.
- Ability to prepare small volume samples for instrument testing required
- Experience in lab chemistry and / or biology desired.
- Works independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to travel as necessary – possible travel as high as 75%.
- 5+ years of experience in a life science field.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or life science field or applicable experience.