Cibus US LLC is a leading agricultural biotechnology company in San Diego CA whose mission is to be a leader in the development of a sustainable global non-transgenic food supply. We have an immediate opening for a Computational Biologist with expertise in functional and comparative genomics, who can help us revolutionize commercial crop development by safely harnessing Nature’s own genetic diversity using our unique, patented RTDS™ gene editing technology. A Ph.D. degree in Genomics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Plant Biology, or related field, or similar level with equivalent experience. A minimum of 2 years’ postdoctoral experience in a research & development environment is required, or a MA/MS degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience, or a BA/BS degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building and applying state-of-the-art genome analysis capabilities to provide genomic solutions at all stages of the RTDS™ pipeline ranging from target discovery and genotype-phenotype relationships to product development and commercial production. Specific tasks will include annotation, visualization and management of plant and microbial genomic data, as well as gene-trait discovery and genome editing applications in agricultural crops. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a clear vision how their skills can impact trait development programs in agricultural biotechnology.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and apply state-of-the-art genomics workflows (from raw data through analysis and visualization to hypothesis generation) to solve complex biological problems.
- Expertise in functional and comparative genomics.
- Proficient computational skills with a combination of Python/Perl and R/Matlab, or other languages for programming and statistical analysis.
- Hands-on experience with genome annotation, (pan)genome analysis, and/or genomic variation (SNP, CNV, PAV).
- Experience with data curation and data mining of public information, and an ability to interrogate, interpret, and visualize large and diverse biological datasets.
- Skilled in clearly communicating complex computational approaches to broad audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to enable cross-functional success and contribute in a highly-collaborative team-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and influencing skills.
- Strong understanding of modern gene editing technologies.
- Experience with gene expression and gene regulation analysis.
- Familiarity with WGS assembly.
- Familiarity with genome-scale knowledge networks for biological discovery.
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure) and/or cloud-based genome informatics platforms (DNAnexus, SevenBridges).
- Ability to leverage population genomics data for gene-trait discovery.
- Experience with QTL mapping, GWAS, haplotype mapping, or genetic diversity analysis.
Cibus US LLC provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to email@example.com referencing job code: MB1809.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.