Scientist - Cell Line Development
Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, by helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. Advancing science and helping patients - these dual passions are ingrained in our culture. They drive our work, our values, and everything we do at Amgen. For staff around the world, our mission to serve patients and our commitment to science makes Amgen a place where we can make a positive difference in people's lives while pursuing a challenging and fulfilling career.
Amgen is seeking a Scientist to join the Cell Line Development group in our state-of-the-art research facility at the Amgen headquarters campus located in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Cell Line Development group is responsible for developing production cell lines for Amgen's large molecule pipeline. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for supporting programs within the cell line development group. The candidate will execute mammalian cell culture processes including transfection, selection, subcloning, passaging, screening, banking, and characterization as well as utilize solid problem-solving skills to deliver pipeline programs. Additional responsibilities may also include developing innovative methods to support and improve expression technologies, generating relevant data toward publications, patent applications, and regulatory submissions. The candidate will work in a team environment, collaborating with various colleagues in process development, discovery, as well as interact with regulatory and quality experts in support of global regulatory filings.
Master's degree and 4 years of Scientific or Bioprocess Development experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Scientific or Bioprocess Development experience
- PhD with 2 years of experience, MS with 8-10 years of experience, or BS with 10-15 years of relevant industrial experience
- Previous hands on experience in cell culture with a focus on mammalian cell recombinant protein production
- Experience with DNA cloning, vector construction and design, and advanced molecular biology techniques
- Strong scientific understanding of recombinant protein expression, cell line and gene editing technologies as well as the ability to explore and develop new technologies and approaches
- Application of predictive modeling and statistical methods to analyze data
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proactive leadership mindset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Experience with automation and in particular for use in high throughput cell culture.