Research Associate, Preclinical Biology
Proneurotech, Inc. is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel neuroprotective drugs that prevent axon degeneration for the treatment of neurologic and ocular diseases.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate researcher to join our founding team. We are a small rapidly growing team and offer the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of neurodegenerative research and participate in building a premier neurobiology company from the ground floor.
Ideal candidates will bring intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a desire to innovate new medicines for patients.
- Participate in the development and execution of in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo assays
- Generate high quality data from a variety of analytical instruments
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and implement solutions
- Contribute to the design of new protocols and experiments
- Work under the guidance and mentorship of Scientists to execute key experiments
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Keep up to date with scientific literature relating to neurodegeneration
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously within a functional area
- Effectively collaborate and communicate across a diverse scientific team to successfully progress scientific goals
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years of hands on research experience in neuroscience in an industrial or academic setting
- Extensive training in preclinical animal models: handling, husbandry and colony management, drug or viral delivery, tissue and fluid collection, surgical techniques, and behavioral assays
- Skilled at routine mammalian cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques including but not limited to PCR, cloning, SDS-PAGE, analytical HPLC, ELISA, and western-blotting
- Experience in cell culture and tissue preparation (fixation, sectioning, immunofluorescence), imaging (live imaging, fluorescence and light microscopy, automated microscopy), and analysis (Zeiss Zen software, CellProfiler, ImageJ)
- Prior experience with preclinical rodent models of neurodegenerative disease, viral delivery and production, CRISPR/Cas9 screens, and biomarker assay development is desirable
- Ability to independently analyze and interpret data (e.g., GraphPad Prism, Origin, R, etc.),
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to resolve routine issues using appropriate information
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, communicate clearly, and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
For immediate consideration please submit your CV through our careers site or your contact at Proneurotech.
Proneurotech Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.