Field Application Scientist
Akoya Biosciences, Inc.
Located in Silicon Valley, we are a well-funded early stage company with a unique multiplexed imaging platform, CODEX™. The CODEX™ platform (CO-Detection by indEXing), uses a tagging system to acquire fluorescence imaging data across more than 50 parameters in a single tissue, greatly exceeding the limits of standard methods. This technology has the potential to impact numerous disease areas including cancer immunotherapy, transplant medicine, and autoimmunity. We are a dynamic and highly motivated team dedicated to bringing this technology to life.
We are looking for experienced FAS to provide in-field post-sales support. This role involves providing users with technical training and support on instrument operation, sample preparation, and data analysis. This role also involves the initial installation of CODEX™, connecting the system to the user’s microscope. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Technical Support, Product Management, Applications, and Sales. We are looking for an individual with experience in fresh-frozen (and possibly FFPE) tissue imaging, immunofluorescence, fluorescent immunohistochemistry, and microscopy experience.
This role will be a great fit for self-starters who are comfortable taking the initiative and enjoy working with new technology. Training users to feel comfortable and be successful with the Akoya workflow. When it comes to troubleshooting, you won’t always know the correct answer, but you are the sort of individual that is up to the task, relying on your resources to quickly investigate the answer
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and organizational skills with prior FAS experience. Someone who will work with the customer and own the issue to get the best resolution.
- Perform onsite installation and training
- Manage assigned territory independently (eg. travel, schedule)
- Provide technical support, including troubleshooting, webex-based customer education, and general support of the CODEX™ workflow and data analysis
- Accurately record pertinent information in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Be the customer advocate
- Proactively provide user feedback on applications, workflow, and components
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years FAS experience
- Travel 75% of time with overnights
- Valid driver’s license
Skills and qualifications
- Imaging Specialist (Wide-Field Fluorescence Microscopy: Keyence, Leica, Zeiss, Nikon)
- Skilled in antibody-based assays, including immunofluorescence, and immunohistochemistry
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Familiar with automated instruments with fluidics components
- Demonstrated excellent customer relations skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.