Group Leader / Associate Director (Biomarker)
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
As a member of the Bioanalytical Sciences team, this biomarker leader will be primarily responsible for providing strategic vision for biomarker assay support to meet the challenges of the novel portfolio, leading scientists and providing guidance to the development, validation and implementation of fit-for-purpose biomarker assays for analysis of clinical samples in a GCLP environment, maintaining state-of-the-art knowledge pertaining to biomarker biology/methodologies/technologies and drug development processes, maintaining an awareness of relevant US and foreign regulations and industry best practices, applying innovative bioanalytical ideas and technologies for the improvement of assay development, automation and laboratory processes, solving technical and experimental problems as well as other unforeseen issues related to both immediate and long-term project goals, representing the department in cross-function teams and developing strong working relationships with stakeholders, providing scientific and technical oversight on bioanalytical activities outsourced to contract research laboratories, providing scientific presentations at both internal and external meetings, actively developing staff through training, coaching and mentoring in scientific, technical and regulatory areas, and achieving objectives in a manner consistent with the BMS Biopharm Behaviors.
- PhD in relevant scientific discipline (immunology, biology, biochemistry, etc.) with 10 or more years of relevant experience.
- Master's Degree candidates will be considered if they have commensurate industry experience equivalent to the above. PhD's are preferred.
- The candidate should have proven experience in leading developing de-novo immunochemistry based assays in technologies such as ELISA, ECL, and Luminex in support of clinical biomarker projects.
- Excellent understanding of regulatory guidances and industry white papers relevant to biomarker assessment is required. Knowledge and experience in proteomics, in vitro diagnostics, and tissue analysis are highly desirable. Work experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company is required.
- Experience in managing biomarker assays in contract research laboratories is a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required