Manager / Associate Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics’ Cancer Immunotherapy group is seeking an experienced and motivated Cell Biologist with expertise in pluripotent stem cell biology and to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel cellular therapeutics for the treatment of hematological disorders and solid tumors. Using the company’s induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived lymphocyte platform, the candidate will design and execute in vitro differentiation experiments of iPSC towards the hematopoietic lineages to support multiple programs, identify and determine process parameters to ensure reproducible, efficient and accurate results and participate in technology transfer of qualified and validated protocols to internal and external collaborators and manufacturing groups. The successful candidate must have extensive experience with cell culture, iPSC differentiation and a knowledge of hematopoiesis and immunology is preferred. The position will require independent research, managerial duties and coordination with various downstream process groups across multiple programs. This is a full-time position reporting to a Senior Scientist in Cancer Immunotherapy, and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver iPSC-derived lymphocyte products to downstream application groups
- Lead technology transfer, documentation and communication with external groups
- Work to advance the iPSC lymphoid differentiation platform and support ongoing product development activities
- Phenotypic and functional cellular characterization of iPSC derivatives utilizing flow cytometry, MACS sorting, multiplex immunoassays and in vitro cytotoxicity assays
- Ensure that experiments, data and analysis methods meet the criteria for cellular characterization, comparability and lot release
- Author, review and approve technology transfer documents
- Data interpretation, detailed record keeping and protocol writing
- Presentation of data to iPSC research group and larger multidisciplinary team
- M.S. degree + 5 years relevant lab experience or PhD in cell biology, developmental biology, immunology or other related fields with at least 3 years of lab experience; Industry experience preferred
- Prior (min 3 years) experience and extensive knowledge in iPSC/ESC cell culture and differentiation techniques
- Prior experience with flow cytometry data acquisition and analysis
- Working knowledge of the immune system and/or developmental hematopoiesis is a plus
- Familiarity with cGMP aseptic manufacturing is a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, time management, record keeping and data analysis skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment and ability to adjust workload according to changing priorities
- Managerial skills a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with blood and cell lines of human and animal origin
- Will require working with rodent models
- Will require working with hazardous materials
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code 198RC.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.