Scientist I/II, Immunology
Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a Scientist I/II with experience in immunology to join our Nurix drug discovery team. Nurix is devoted to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the ubiquitin system. Ubiquitin ligases play numerous roles in immune cell function, autoimmunity, inflammation and anti-tumor immunity. The successful candidate will support early drug discovery efforts in the area of inflammation and IO. These duties will include planning, execution and analysis of disease relevant cellular and/or in vivo experiments to support the lead optimization of our novel compounds. This individual will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present findings to project teams. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, eager to learn new techniques, highly organized and enjoy working in a creative and dynamic team environment.
If you are intrigued by the opportunity to work with a passionate team of scientists focused on improving patient’s lives with first-in-class therapies, please consider applying.
- Ph.D. in immunology or related field (cellular or in vivo); Scientist II level requires similar background with additional post-doctoral training and industry experience
- Expertise in autoimmunity, immuno-oncology, inflammation or related fields
- Expertise in immune cell activation and signaling
- Experience isolating and interrogating the function of primary human and mouse immune cells (e.g. T cells, NK cells, antigen presenting cells) in vitro and in vivo is desired
- Hands-on experience in development, optimization and execution of immune and cellular assays applying multiple techniques including primary cell isolation, tissue culture, ELISA, FACS, Western and multiplexing technologies (e.g. Luminex, Quantigene)
- Expertise with flow cytometer based profiling of immune cells required
- Ability to conceive, design and execute hypothesis-testing experiments that directly contribute to project success is essential
- Requires excellent communication and presentation skills