Sr. Global Learning Manager, Oncology AML/MM
A strategic and value-adding partner to Oncology Hematology brand teams (AML/MM) and other key functions, expert in performance optimization, capability building and change management, providing high impact, best practice, integrated learning interventions which enable AbbVie to be always ahead of the curve. A critical learning partner to the Oncology Franchise ensuring the Brand Strategy and the overall goals/objectives of the AML/MM brand teams are translated into unique learning experiences.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Subject matter expert on the AML/MM brands and is responsible for the design, development and delivery of worldwide learning solutions to the Commercial Organization
- Serve as a strategic partner to the AML/MM brand teams to assess and understand the learning needs of the organization and develops appropriate learning strategies and plans
- Build relationships and influence key stakeholders at Global, Areas, Top 12 Affiliates to gain agreement and commitment on Oncology Learning Strategy and implementation tactics.
- Create innovative learning solutions for all levels of the organization (brand teams, in-field teams and other key functions) and always ensuring excellence in execution and that organizational and Global Learning goals are supported.
- Share agreed outcome metrics for core initiatives, results, best practices and learnings across learning network at Area and Global levels.
- Manage complex stakeholder relationships and external providers efficiently and effectively to time and to budget with clear measureable outcomes
- Maintain a high level of Continuing Professional Development in Learning & Development, keeping up to date on industry trends and best practices
- Beyond the previous responsibilities, lead some other area learning initiatives supporting the Global Learning team vision and yearly plans to be defined with the Global Product and Therapeutic Learning Director.
- Biopharma/AbbVie knowledge
- Possess business knowledge of the bio-pharma sector including knowledge of the external environment, relevant stakeholders and our customers
- Possess knowledge of the AbbVie business, our organization, our brands, our therapeutic areas, products, pipeline and competition
- Exhibit an in depth understanding of the therapeutic area, product and disease state for the Oncology franchise
- Manage stakeholders effectively, both internally and externally, using advanced communication, influence and marketing skills, being sensitive to people's needs and being able to deal with people at different levels. Internal stakeholders include, but are not limited to, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Business HR, and Talent and Development functions.
- With strong emotional intelligence, build relationships founded on trust
- Be engaging and fun to work with, stimulate others with enthusiasm, energy and a can-do attitude
- Leverage an internal and external learning network; be a valued and reliable partner
- Consistently demonstrate the AbbVie Ways we Work
- Be open-minded and curious, combined with a highly innovative and creative approach, always and looking for opportunities to improve, and embed this behavior in the organization
- Expertise in strategic thinking and planning, always aligning learning strategies and priorities based on critical business needs and strategies to add the most value
- Possess knowledge of leading-edge learning theories, practices, benchmarks, systems, technologies and digital learning
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (verbal and written), active listening, effective probing and facilitation skills
- Simplify, clarify and focus, bringing in best practice in learning, acting with agility and being open to adjust and adapt; building a sustainable learning culture with learning agility
- Be a change agent who empowers others through advice and expertise in learning and behavioral change, including instructional design
- Manage learning programs and interventions from vision and strategy to implementation, delivery and facilitation; leveraging staff where required, and employing innovative approaches
- Be confident in coaching and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Apply a performance consulting approach through the effective application of the six elements of Performance Essentials
- Ensure resources are used optimally; measuring outcomes and analyzing available data source
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or related advanced degree is preferred
- Knowledge of instructional design systems or extensive experience in training, development of training and curriculum design
- Master facilitation skills including the ability to deliver programs to multi-cultural audiences
- Networking with external key stakeholders, industry forums and learning specialists to inform a compelling and differentiated learning and capability strategy
- Strategic thinking & business planning skills, necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct and influence commercial training and organizational development
- 5+ years as Learning Professional
- 3-5 years of Commercial and/or marketing; Oncology (AML/MM) brand experience is preferred
- Working in or strong collaboration with Areas and/or Top 12 countries; previous role in Area and/or Affiliate is preferred
- Strong negotiation skills in achieving and consolidating cost efficiencies through vendor selection/supply management
- Working in a high performing matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled