Senior Project Planner, Medical Project Office
The Medical Project Office provides tactical support to the Medical Affairs Program Managers. MPO Project Planners support day to day tactical, project planning and financial activities for the Medical Affairs Team (MAT - USMAT/GMAT). The MPO Project Planners manage tactical tracking, financial reconciliation, reporting, and MAT coordination. In conjunction with the Project Managers the MPO Project Planners ensure effective communication and alignment in the MATs within a TA while also enhancing integration with Development, the Brand Team (IBT/GBT), and MAT.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead development of project plans for the MAT using standardized project management tools and processes.
- Manages activities to ensure functions have the right tools, reports and data for accurate resource estimates.
- Supports and advises Program Managers on monthly project plan maintenance and reporting.
- Lead tactical tracking, financial reconciliation, reporting, and MAT coordination.
- Compiles and provide routine standard reports on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Utilizes and implement tools to identify novel solutions for metrics collection, data analysis and process improvements.
- Coordinates monthly MAT meetings including agendas, minutes and follow up.
- Assists with coordination and pull through of TA deliverables (e.g. gap assessment, launch readiness, medical functional planning, annual plan and portfolio process).
- Collaborates with External Customer Engagement (ECE) to ensure financial tracking and reconciliation for the Therapeutic Area and may build and track against LBEs for IIS (grant and drug), multi-affiliate and tactics.
- Drives annual and regularly updated drug supply needs based upon IIS endorsements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical, scientific or business-related field is required.
- At least 6 years of operational experience preferably in pharmaceutical.
- Applied knowledge of project management tools and processes (e.g. management of integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk and procurement).
- Extensive experience with performance measurement and communication (e.g. metrics, dashboards)
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP) and/or six sigma certification preferred.
- Consistently communicates in an accurate, regular, concise and inclusive manner.