BioMedical Insights, Inc. is a San Francisco-based consulting firm that advises biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device manufacturers on issues related to new product development and product launch. Founded in 1996, we are committed to providing our clients with tailored and innovative solutions to both their clinical and commercial product development needs. For more information, visit our website at www.biomedicalinsights.com. We are currently interviewing candidates for a Research Analyst position. Importantly, this is a business-related position, NOT a laboratory position.
The Research Analyst plays an integral role in every facet of the consulting engagement (finding and recruiting experts for primary research, performing literature reviews, collecting secondary research materials, conducting interviews, and preparing analyses and findings). As evident from the diverse range of responsibilities below, it is critical that the Research Analyst be versatile in this role, have a strong interest in the healthcare industry, and be motivated to work hard both within a team and independently. Furthermore, the Research Analyst must be able to think strategically about consulting projects and problem-solve. As a small company, the Research Analyst may have the opportunity to quickly take on increasing responsibilities, depending on performance. This position requires prior consulting and/or healthcare work experience, or a PhD.
Primary responsibilities mostly entail supporting Senior Consultants and Partners with all aspects of project-related work, such as:
- Devising creative solutions to client requests
- Researching and summarizing information on diseases, treatment patterns, and drugs in development
- Recruiting physician experts and other healthcare professionals for primary research
- Conducting primary research with physicians, managed care medical and pharmacy directors, and other healthcare professionals and analyzing and summarizing findings
- Drafting reports and slide presentations
- Providing administrative support with general business-related functions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in science field required
- Master’s degree or PhD a plus
- Prior work experience in consulting and/or market research and/or equity research within the life sciences industry
- General familiarity with drug development process within the US
- Excellent communication skills (fluent English required)
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and desire to accept increasing responsibility
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, with varied time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Interest in working for a small, entrepreneurial company
- Some travel may be required
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Employees may also be given a bonus at year-end, which will depend on the employee’s and company’s performance. We offer health benefits and a 401k.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
Via E-mail (preferred method):
BioMedical Insights, Inc.
601 Montgomery St., Suite 518
San Francisco, CA 94111
Attn: Employment Opportunity
PLEASE DO NOT CALL TO FOLLOW-UP. COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS, REFERENCES AND WRITING SAMPLES MAY BE REQUESTED. BIOMEDICAL INSIGHTS, INC. WELCOMES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.