Senior Scientist III, Process Analytical
AbbVie is seeking a highly motivated individual to conduct analytical research in the area of antibody drug conjugates from pre-clinical to commercialization. We seek a highly motivated scientist with a proven track record of accomplishment to work in a multi-functional team environment in Process R&D.
Employee will be located at our North Chicago, IL site.
- Effectively function as a principle investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Independently responsible for project science within his/her area of expertise on one or more project teams.
- Make significant contributions to project team and deliver results in a team-oriented setting and will work across scientific disciplines to drive programs through critical milestones.
- Generate new scientific proposals and lead those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate scientific or regulatory advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
- Independently responsible for developing and executing state-of-the-art analytical methods that advance the development and characterization of ADC manufacture process, and process-related variants.
- Mentor/supervise a team of one or more and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Ph.D degree in Analytical Chemistry, or a closely related discipline. 6+ years of experience is required with relevant experience (> 4 years).
- Practical Experience and strong knowledge of modern HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, and mass spectrometry techniques as applied to protein analytical analysis.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook in compliance with Good Laboratory/Manufacturing Practices.
- Demonstrate independent problem-solving ability in science and technical proficiency.
- Must possess a solid understanding of protein chemistry and biochemistry, particularly as related to biologics drug development.
- Strong data and time organization/management skills coupled with strong interpersonal and effective communication skills for facilitating collaborations with a demonstrated ability to lead cross functional process development teams.