ITIL Service Operations Manager - Information Research
The Service Operations Manager role maintains accountability for confirming that the appropriate production processes and quality metrics are in place for AbbVie's Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety, and Research & Development Quality Assurance area business applications. This role will maintain accountability for providing governance and oversight for all critical and non-critical production services including: Incident, Problem, Demand, Change, Deployment, Release, Service Transition, Audit, Validation and Compliance and Disaster Recovery for all applications. The role will also provide additional guidance and oversight around the prioritization for the execution of Application Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities related to the Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety, and Research & Development Quality Assurance area business applications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for overall operations and governance of Applications within the Application Center of Excellence that are under the area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationship with functional counterparts in the business and cross-functional IT leads in the enterprise organization to manage Application Maintenance and Support activities, processes and operations.
- Serve as the initial contact point for audit activities in Application Center of Excellence for applications that are under area of responsibility.
- Manage and certify compliance with the Change, Release, Deployment and other Service Transition processes.
- Function as overall governance lead to ensure common practices and processes across all applications within the center of excellence that are under the area of responsibility.
- Accountable for driving the service provider engagement for the applications under the area of responsibility in collaboration with outsourcing Center of Excellence and Technology Domain teams to improve overall service provider performance.
- Responsible for the overall Demand, Budget & Resource management for applications under the area of responsibility. Interact with the business users, Technology Domain team and Infrastructure team to understand and prioritize minor enhancements demand and drive the enhancements with the service provider.
- Serve as secondary AbbVie contact point and secondary level of escalation for Incidents and Problems. Assists with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with the Service Provider, Cross-functional teams, Technology Domain teams and Infrastructure teams.
- Help manage the relationship with vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application maintenance and support activities.
- Monitor workload of staff to ensure team members are consistently managed and challenged.
- Work with Human Resources to define and implement programs to address changes in resourcing, career mobility, career development and reward / recognition initiatives.
- Interact with the Infrastructure team and Technology Domain team to provide end to end reporting of Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety, and Research & Development Quality Assurance area business applications' environment health including: Availability, Performance, Change Management and overall environmental health.
- Maintains final accountability for certifying that all Service Transition processes are successfully executed.
- Manages budgets, costs and resources.
- Serve as the initial point of contact to Technology Domain teams and business partners for critical issues related to Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety, and Research & Development Quality Assurance area business applications' Maintenance and Support services.
- Conduct frequent and formal meetings with key business partners to review / discuss overall application performance for the specific functional areas under responsibility.
- Present Service Level Agreements and cost metrics to the Technology Domains following the pre-defined Governance structure. Present continuous improvement plans and vendor performance metrics.
- Continually improve working relationship with the business and other senior IT Leadership.
- Work with Technology Domain teams to communicate overall technology capacity related to business priorities for the specific business services / processes under responsibility.
- Review and approve the key Service Provider personnel changes and support windows.
- Partakes in vendor performance meetings and operational reviews.
- Contributes to the development of new or the refinement of existing critical Service Operations and/or Service Transition processes.
- Promote teamwork, within own group and across technology.
- Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes.
- Play significant role in performance management, overseeing or actually writing appraisals, giving feedback and helping staff design their career development plans.
- Work with Technology Domain team and Center of Excellence to help establish, define and negotiate Service Level Agreements. Will actively negotiate daily operational performance trade-offs based for critical ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in Information Technology.
- Proven experience with Application outsourcing and terminology such as Minor Enhancements, ARC's/RRC's, Service Level Management and Vendor Management.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and regulatory requirements for GxP compliance.
- Experience working in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry highly preferred.
- Experience working with Clinical trial management and Data Sciences solutions that utilize technologies like Oracle, Informatica, SAS, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience managing people, including HR responsibilities.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident and Problem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP), Demand and Release and Deployment Management.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- ITIL Intermediate Certification in Service Operations.
- Experience developing and implementing Operating Level Agreements (OLA's).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience with Service Operations in a global, multi-sourced environment.