Manager, Commercial Analytics - Solid Tumor
To provide analytic leadership and integrate marketing and sales information to:
- Strengthen the brand team understanding of marketplace performance and opportunities through tracking, modeling, and analysis of physician, patient, managed care, competitive and economic factors
- Inform the annual financial forecasting and brand planning processes - through the application of predictive models that evaluate sales contribution due to promotion
- Develop fact-based promotional investment strategies that increase the return on promotional investments
- Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct sub-national analysis and report key insights to stakeholders that include Sr. Leadership, Marketing and Sales Leadership and sales representatives.
- Guide development of marketing investment strategy to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of promotional activities - and influence deployment of strategy through local optimization recommendations. Complete timely evaluation of program impact and response.
- Identify and address key business issues relative to product performance ensuring that multiple stakeholder perspective is considered, and integrate all available information specific to the issue
- Leverage innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues but also meet key business criteria (e.g. cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g. reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Lead the analytic team to increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods and produce results that fully leverage available data and analytics.
- Effectively communicate results of complex analytical models and influence action to improve brand performance
- Guides and performs franchise analytics; Influences practices and business results through the application of Marketing Analytics. Directs team and vendors in the delivery of key analyses and data products (WKH, IMS, Nielsen, etc.)
- Team size varies based on product indications, customer channels and/or data sources
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience
- This position requires 3-5 years' experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information and the use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies. It also requires strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
- Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies: anticipate future needs, build collaborative partnerships, Design and implement innovative solutions, demystify complex information, communicate insights and solutions and coach for greater team effectiveness.
- This position requires an intimate knowledge of the marketing, sales, and logistics planning processes, advanced quantitative expertise, systems understanding, and the ability to develop and use specialized analytic techniques within a business setting.
- Command of the following software programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Access). Experience with SAS/SPSS preferred. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Master's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Business Administration, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering Economics, Statistics, Marketing or in a closely related field of study with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis (will accept a Bachelor's degree in the above fields plus 5 years of related progressive experience in lieu of a Master's degree)
- Pharma Experience preferred
- Oncology Experience preferred
Key Abbvie Competencies
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, media, digital, database agencies and internal partners.
- Strong planning and organization skills. Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled