Senior Maintenance Mechanic
Provide "skilled trade" maintenance support to the manufacturing, research and development laboratories, warehouses, and office facilities Key Responsibilities Include :
- Performs all types of mechanical maintenance work on a variety of equipment and systems including production and facility equipment.
- Work includes troubleshooting, ordering and installation of parts and material on various equipment.
- May specialize on maintenance and repair of escalators, overhead doors, dock levelers, etc., along with other equipment related to either production or facility operations.
- Does preventive maintenance work on all plant equipment including air handlers, utility distribution equipment located throughout the plant. Will perform predictive maintenance where applicable.
- Work may be on new equipment or rearrangement and/or retrofitting of existing equipment and accessories.
- Performs light machining work on machine lathes and milling machines, etc., to make basic shafts and cut keyways, etc.
- Reviews construction plans and drawings to determine the appropriateness of design and conformance to Abbvie Engineering Standards.
- The Sr. Mechanic will work as a multi-skill tradesperson, doing electrical, pipefitting, building maintenance and/or other work on special assignments as requested by management.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Possesses a minimum of 5+ years of increasing job knowledge and responsibility in field of mechanics. This experience must indicate proficiency in all aspects of mechanical construction and maintenance work including the demonstrated ability to work well with others in a commercial and/or industrial work environment.
- Will have advanced understanding of all aspects of physics and mechanical theory and application to mechanical systems in a commercial and/or industrial environment.
- Must be expert in the use of all mechanics hand tools and wrenches, measuring devices and power tools.
- Must be proficient in the operation of shop equipment to perform all aspects of installation and maintenance.
- Will be able to perform advanced troubleshooting and mechanical repairs, have ability to install mechanical equipment and accessories according to Abbvie Engineering Standards.
- On an independent basis, the individual must be able to evaluate the use of various resources and make
- knowledgeable decisions regarding safety, company standards and policies.
- Must know all CMMS functions that pertain to mechanical maintenance, PM and related activities