Portfolio Manager, R&D Discovery & Development Sciences Business Platforms This position reports into the R&D - Discovery & Development Sciences Business Platforms organization which closely partners with our respective business clients to design, develop, implement and support software solutions used by AbbVie's Drug Discovery & Development Sciences business units where applicable. The primary role of the Portfolio Manager is to manage a portfolio of small to complex cross-platform software development projects in support of various R&D business functions and in collaboration with other cross functional stakeholders. Key Responsibilities
- Lead a portfolio of R&D - Discovery & Development Sciences software development projects across the entire project lifecycle (i.e. from planning to close-out) including the development of key deliverables as defined by AbbVie's Project Management, Software Development Lifecycle Management and Financial Management process guidelines.
- Ensure that projects are effectively initiated, actively managed, and stakeholders are highly engaged and informed.
- Proactively communicate project status/risks, provide mitigation plans and resolve barriers to successful project implementation.
- Manage across projects in the portfolio to ensure alignment and consistency with the domain strategy and drive efficient utilization of project management resources on projects.
- Directly interface with key stakeholders within the domain and across AbbVie R&D to build alignment around project objectives and ensure a harmonized end-to-end portfolio/project management approach.
- Develop strategic connections and cross-functional partnerships to advance aligned portfolio/project management best practices and ensure continuous improvement in project delivery.
- Represent domain leadership in cross-functional portfolio management-related initiatives to drive integration strategies, processes and standards.
- Provide proactive mentorship to project managers and build project management competency in key positions across the domain.
- Work with domain leadership to strengthen consistency in project management excellence and build a culture of results measurement across the domain Portfolio Management team.
- Lead efforts to communicate progress of key projects to the greater R&D Business Platforms portfolio governance committee.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline: At least 9 yrs experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with a minimum of 6 years experience managing projects.
- At least 9 years experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with a minimum of 6 years experience managing projects
- Total Combined Experience: 10-13 years