DMPK Group Manager - LBA Core Operations
The ligand binding assay (LBA) group in the DMPK Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA, supports immunology discovery programs on biologics therapeutics. In addition, the LBA group has global responsibilities in providing non-GLP LBA bioanalysis support for biologics projects across all therapeutic areas at AbbVie.
The DMPK Group Manager will oversee the LBA operation, including automated LBA sample analysis and method development, managing the interaction between the group with DMPK project reps.
The manager will design and implement operational workflows to optimize LBA bioanalysis to support the LBA center of excellence.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring group members on LBA assay operation and method development.
- Ensure data quality and alignment with customers.
- Driving the cutting-edge science of ligand-binding assays and newest technologies within the group.
- Optimize the process of LBA operations, including study tracking, planning, sample management, sample analysis and data archiving. Optimizing electronic tools ELN and LIMS to support workflow, reduce hand-offs and optimize process flow.
- The candidate will work closely with project representatives to ensure alignment and manage timelines.
*Level will be based on education & years of experience*
- Ph.D. in a relevant field with 6-10 years' experience.
- Experience in LBA bioanalytical lab management and LBA assays, excellent management skills.
- Proven track record in publishing and presenting in the bioanalytical field and shaping bioanalytical science with respect to LBA.
- Excellent communication with stakeholders. Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership & organizational skills to negotiate priorities with stakeholders and help foster a collaborative environment with colleagues across sites and across disciplines.
- Ability to proactively identify issues, propose solutions and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of operational process optimization and workflow design.
- Experience in supporting high-throughput operations including automation
- Experience in identifying and optimizing electronic tool to support operational workflow, understand and implement sample management protocols, barcoding, etc.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in managing timelines, providing input on task prioritization and resource utilization
- Familiarity with electronic notebooks and other electronic tools is expected