Sr. Service Analyst - SAP
The Sr. Service Analyst is accountable for validating that the production processes and quality metrics are in place and operational for all high risk and complexity Applications. This role provides governance and oversight for all critical production services along with support and prioritization for the delivery of Application Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities.
This position is responsible for managing Support of ERP / SAP Controlling (CO), SAP Finance Accounting (FI), Project Systems (PS) and Intercompany solutions across Manufacturing sites, Distribution Centers, Commercial Affiliates and R&D sites. This includes general accounting, account payable/receivable, asset accounting and integration with procurement processes, special add-ons systems like Vertex and systems like Blackline (for account reconciliation) and Hyperion Financial Management /HFM (for consolidation). As well as project systems and intercompany integration with procurement and sales & distribution.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the SAP RTR functionality and integrations.
- Review and approve key deliverables prepared by the support service provider such as:
o Audit request fulfillment
o Defect Resolution
o Root cause analysis
o Estimation of support transition costs
o Assess impact and prioritization of major issues, ensure awareness of resolution and remediation as requested.
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders to ensure alignment on the project and enhancement pipeline.
o Ensure readiness of the service provider in transition of deployments to the standard support structure.
o Provide regular and recurring updates on support activities
o Maintain awareness and understanding the project pipeline to ensure readiness for support
o Ensure successful execution of month end and year-end financial close processes.
- Accountable for ensuring that the Service Transition process is fully executed by the provider. Provides input into the Change, Release and Deployment management processes and schedules to ensure minimal impact and downtime of changes to the business
- Evaluates and approves the Service Providers reported trends and the process improvement recommendations to identify areas where preventative maintenance might be performed to improve Applications performance and efficiency.
- Responsible for reviewing the service provider Service Level Agreements and participating in any action plans that are required to address any deviations and/or improvement opportunities with the supplier. Helps manage the relationship with vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application maintenance and support activities
- Performs daily reviews of ticket activity: queue levels, processing efficiency, backlogs, aging levels along with prior day Incidents and adjusts priorities as needed to ensure that ticket processing and the Problem Management engines are performing within expected operated parameters
- Seeks ways to reduce Business As Usual application related costs and increase efficiencies of applications in production. Ensures that year over year total cost of ownership continuous improvement goals are achieved. Identifies additional opportunities to reduce maintenance and support total cost of ownership
- Serves as primary AbbVie contact point and first level of escalation for Incidents and Problems. Assists with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with Cross-functional, Build and Infrastructure teams
- Ensure that all critical production services including: Incident, Problem, Service Transition, Audit, Validation and Compliance and Disaster Recovery are executed as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring that the Service Transition processes are fully executed. Provides input and feedback into the Change, Release and Deployment processes and schedules ensuring minimal impact and downtime of changes to the business.
- Required: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Required: Minimum of 6 years of combined experience in Information Technology
- Required: Minimum of 4 years of experience working with SAP ECC Finance and controlling functionality
- Required: Strong communication skills
- Preferred: Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Strong problem resolution skills
- Preferred: Proven experience with Application outsourcing and terminology such as Minor Enhancements, ARC's/RRC's, Service Level Management and Vendor Management
- Preferred: Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Preferred: Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident and Problem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP), Cost Optimization, Demand and Release and Deployment Management
- Preferred: ITIL Foundation Certification and/or ITIL Intermediate Certification in Service Operations
- Preferred: Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
- Preferred: Experience developing and implementing Operating Level Agreements (OLA's).
- Preferred: Experience with Service Operations in a global, multi-sourced environment
- Preferred: Knowledge of the service now platform and functionality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled