Clinical Outsourcing Associate I
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
This Clinical Outsourcing Associate I position will report into the Manager, Clinical Outsourcing (Site Budgets). This position will undertake activities to provide specialized support and assistance to Clinical Operations, Contracts, Finance and other departments as required, in the administration and negotiation of clinical site study budgets/contracts. Must possess strong data analysis skills and will be responsible for industry assessments, financial analysis, support for contract/budget negotiations, and contribute to cost modeling.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Under direction of the Clinical Outsourcing Manager (Site Budgets) lead for assigned studies, works to support clinical site budget negotiation needs across all phases of studies.
- Assists with Fair Market Value (FMV) analysis and processing of FMV exceptions.
- May participate in study management meetings
- GrantPlan support of budget template development
- Assist with the tracking of negotiated savings achieved.
- 4 Year college degree with BA/BS in Life Science, Finance, Business Strategy, or related field desired.
- 1+ years of Biotech/Pharma Outsourcing experience or a combination of relevant life cycle contracts management experience and Outsourcing experience. Recent college graduates with less than one year of work experience can be considered for this position.
- Experience with participating in site budget negotiations is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, communication, written, and verbal skills.
- General level of Contract, Finance, Legal and Business Acumen.
- Knowledge of the clinical trial lifecycle and the various key players involved in running clinical trials - both internal and external.
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze financial and operational data.
- Ability to effectively review and negotiate site budget/contracts desired.
- Proactive, self-starter - takes initiative beyond minimal expectations.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple, complex projects at rapid pace.