Director of IT, Infrastructure, Security & Architecture
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Director of IT, Infrastructure, Security & Architecture
General Position Summary:
Reporting to Sr Director of IT, the Director of IT Infrastructure, Security & Architecture role is to provide technology leadership in the planning, strategy, architecture, deployment, management and operation of essential IT Operations, Infrastructure and Security Services including: Network Infrastructure, Storage, Servers, Database, Cloud Computing, Disaster Recovery, Security Operation & Engineering, Technology Roadmap and Vendor Management.
The Director of IT Infrastructure, Security & Architecture is also responsible for the coordination of all IT operations in close collaboration with the IT leadership team, with the primary goal of ensuring the availability, performance, scalability, and security of the internal corporate systems and our SaaS based external software offerings.
The ideal candidate should bring experience working in Infrastructure, Information Security, Architecture and Operations Management including Cloud/SaaS services, Business Continuity Planning, Crisis Management and introducing new technologies and change in a dynamic environment. The candidate should also be experienced at running IT as a business from a Strategy, Technology, Security, Process, Finance, and People Management standpoint. Ideal candidate should have IT Infrastructure Engineering, Operations and Cyber Security background in a bio-pharmaceutical company.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Assess, Drive IT Process and Technology Roadmaps for Infrastructure and Security Services to ensure the availability, capacity, performance of systems while maintaining quality and security standards
- Establishes and fosters relationships with business stakeholders and service providers
- Oversee activities relating to the Engineering, Design, Development, Implementation, and Support to ensure the IT Infrastructure & Security environment meets the business needs of the company
- Lead & Deliver the Infrastructure capability transformation for Cloud and internal systems, with focus on user-experience, resilience, performance, availability, and total cost of ownership
- Implement the latest industry products and technologies across the Infrastructure and Security echo systems, and be positioned to internalize how new technologies can be integrated into company's IT workflow to drive efficiency gains.
- Serves as a technical leader for multiple components of technology.
- Instills a sense of vision and direction in teams and creates a positive work environment that leverages the strengths of members.
- Provides technical expertise to project teams and/or leads teams to complete projects specific to their area(s) of expertise.
- Develops highly sophisticated technology plans that require integration of multiple technologies, addressing the interrelationships of multiple systems, and serving diverse clients.
- Build and drive a technology roadmap and operational strategy that meets the needs and requirements of the business and is aligned with global delivery teams.
- Contributes to strategic technology planning, including developing a technology vision for PCYC.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement initiatives within the team
- Drive Security Framework including Security Assessments, including Vulnerability testing, Penetration testing, Analyzing and Applying information security, Risk management, and Privacy practices
- Manage all aspect of Infrastructure and Security Services in adherence to companies ITSM and Quality standards
- Follow standards in accordance with company policies and regulations (SOX, 21 CFR Part 11, FDA/GMP, NIST, ISO 27001, Six Sigma, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements (degree, certifications, etc. and other requirements):
- 15+ years of professional experience in IT, including experience in Architecture, Cyber Security, Operation and ITIL functions and processes.
- 8+ years of management and leadership at a team level and driving technology solutions through design and operations.
- Strong enterprise Data Center background, Information Security and Architecture in a regulated environment.
- Experience with Enterprise Security products and services
- Previous experience with using and the implementation of Case Management tools, Knowledge Management tools, Process Management tools, and ITIL or similar best practices
- Strong process improvement skills and orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business and/or an advanced degree.
- Must have proven business and technology skills, with success providing customer-oriented technology solutions environment.
- Demonstrated success as a change agent leading significant transformational initiatives in organizations.
- Must be a fast-paced and solution-focused "driver" for results in a performance culture, but also achieve results in a collaborative manner.
- Must be an effective communicator and considered to be a developer of people who is comfortable working with a broad cross section of people in direct and matrixed relationships.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience leading Infrastructure and Security functions in Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Life Science companies.