Analytical Research Associate
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for an Analytical Research Associate to support our Professional Scientific Services group in South San Francisco, CA.
Analytical Research Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Data analysis experience with Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- General wet lab skills including protein chromatographic characterization (SEC, IEC, RP), UV/Vis spectroscopy and colorimetric assays
- Perform analyses on samples with a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays including HPLC, ELSD, icIEF, sub-visible particle counting, osmolality, capillary electrophoresis sodium dodecyl sulfate (CE-SDS)
- Prepare data for presentations, assist in generating technical reports, and interact with other groups within the department
- Perform independent reviews and peer review of analytical data
- Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems, as needed
- Initiate and perform investigations and development, as needed
- Develop and execute validation plans, as needed
- Basic understanding of GMP and GLP procedures
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Strong organizational, scientific, computational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented, dependable, and a self-starter personality
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry is required
- Ability to conduct process characterization and process validation experiments, design-of-experiment robustness studies, as well as assay qualification studies
- Fundamental knowledge of proteins and antibodies (specific experience with protein formulation, a plus)
- Basic to advanced analytical knowledge in characterizing proteins with HPLC-based chromatographic techniques, electrophoresis methods, spectroscopy, and other biophysical characterization techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to detail, maintain accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related degree concentration, with 1-2 years of industrial experience or 1-2 years of academic research experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.