Research Scientist or Equivalent Position
Inception Sciences in San Diego CA is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our multidisciplinary drug discovery team developing small molecule therapeutics to treat cancer, fibrosis and inflammation. The ideal candidate should have strong hands-on in vitro ADME and bio-analytical skills. The candidate should be able to design and perform in vitro ADME studies and be experienced in LC-MS/MS based analysis of drug content in a variety of biological matrices. Experience with solubility testing and cell based assays are preferred but not a must.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bio-analysis supporting PK, toxicity, PD and efficacy studies. Analyze data using Phoenix software and report results to project teams.
- Design and conduct in vitro ADME studies to help guide SAR and IND filings.
- Participate on project teams to provide DMPK expertise and enable fast progression of programs. Help identify relevant studies and work within team to establish a work plan for DMPK support.
- Collaborate with Biology and Chemistry groups and design and perform studies to meet project and company goals.
- Train other associates and interns in the DMPK group in areas of expertise.
- Strong laboratory notebook skills, a desire to optimize methods and attention to details are all critical.
- BS degree with 10 years industry experience or MS degree with 5 years of hands-on bio-analysis and in vitro ADME laboratory experience in a relevant industry. Background in small molecule drug discovery is highly preferred.
- Experience in LC-MS/MS based analysis of small molecules is a requirement.
- Knowledge of common MS based software, ability to trouble shoot and maintain Sciex instruments.
- Hands-on experience performing in vitro studies: CYP inhibition, plasma protein binding, solubility testing, PAMPA etc.
- Experience with cell based assays desired but not a must.
- Competency to optimize procedures and use robotics to enable fast turn-around of data.
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong team player that enjoys drug discovery and impacting programs by providing appropriate and fast DMPK support to drive projects forward.
Inception Sciences offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to HR@inceptionsci.com