NextCure is a start-up biopharmaceutical company located in Beltsville, MD, which focuses on the discovery and development of novel therapeutic biologics for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with attention to detail that is responsive, adaptable, and able to keep up in an exciting, fast-paced work environment. Must be willing to learn new and exciting science and technology, and is not afraid to ask questions and seek out answers.
- Responsible for overall project knowledge and execution of strategic plan.
- Manage resources, budgets and timelines required for program success.
- Accountable for actively leading internal cross-functional teams to ensure the effective delivery of project milestones.
- Use project management software and other tools and templates to keep projects on critical path and agreed upon timelines.
- Prepare regular minutes, progress reports and ad hoc reports as required.
- Facilitates drafting, organizing, and submitting technical reports and regulatory submissions.
- Maintain “overall picture” of the project and provide/negotiate resolution to potential issues internally to prevent delay to project timeline.
- Monitor performance and recommends scope, schedule, cost or resource adjustments; connects short-term demands to long-term implications.
- Prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines; communicate project status and risks.
- Connect project objectives to broader organizational goals.
- Provide input to and review contracts to ensure completeness of scope and appropriate accountability based on roles and/or responsibilities.
- Anticipate project/program risks and develop mitigation strategies/plans for more complex projects/programs.
- Resolve internal and external team conflicts to ensure adherence to project schedule.
- Participate in business development meetings, due diligence sessions, and negotiations.
- Engage in special, value-added projects.
- BS or PhD Degree in biological sciences; MBA preferred or MS degree in related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- Understanding of drug development.
- Works well with diverse functional teams to coordinate activities and achieve project goals.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, results-oriented, and proactive and strategic thinker.
- Candidate must possess excellent team building, training, and facilitation skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to management.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities.
NextCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a scientifically engaged team work environment.