Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Pharmacology
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a well-funded, privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of cutting-edge immunotherapies that have the potential to profoundly transform the treatment of cancer and other diseases and we are growing!
About Adicet Bio, Inc.
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a privately held, pre-clinical stage biotechnology company engaged in the design and development of cutting-edge immunotherapies with initial focus on cancer. Adicet is developing novel universal immune cell therapies based on gamma delta T cells engineered with Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) or T Cell Receptors (TCRs). Adicet is also focused on identifying and validating cancer specific targets directed to the intracellular proteome and generating TCR-like MAbs (TCRLs) directed to these cancer-specific peptide targets presented by MHC Class I complexes. These TCRLs can be used to armT cells, as T cell engagers or as Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADC). In August 2016, Adicet entered a strategic collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics using Adicet’s gamma delta T cell allogeneic platform technology. Adicet Bio raised $51M in series A financing led by OrbiMed Partners, OrbiMed Israel, Novartis Venture Fund and Pontifax. Adicet Bio is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Construct human tumor xenograft mouse models (such as disseminated, subcutaneous and orthotopic models) to evaluate the in vivo efficacy of cell-based cancer therapeutics.
- Administer therapeutic agents through different routes (such as intraperitoneal and intravenous injection). Monitor effects on tumor growth by IVIS imaging or caliper measurements as well as overall animal health.
- Perform mechanism of action studies.
- Establish new human tumor models including patient derived xenograft models and assess their growth kinetics.
- Develop humanized mouse models for immunotherapy research. Support the characterization of these models using FACS analysis by collecting and analyzing tissue and/or blood samples.
- Summarize all in vivo data in power point slides and prepare study reports. Present the data at project team meetings and other forums when required.
- Ensures availability of appropriate experimental materials and reagents and the proper function of experimental equipment.
- Communicates effectively with line manager and group members as well as other research staff.
- BS or MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 2 years of experience in biological research, preferably in an industry setting.
- Previous experience in handling research rodents, especially different strains of immunodeficient mice is a must.
- Previous experiences in pre-clinical validation of cancer therapeutics using syngeneic and xenograft tumor model is preferred.
- Previous hands-on experience in operating IVIS machine for small animal imaging and flow cytometry is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of applicable scientific discipline and various in vivo techniques is necessary.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment and communicate effectively in both spoken and written forms.
- Effective trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.