Initiates, directs and executes scientific studies for multiple projects.
- Has independent ability to design, execute, and analyze data from experiments or studies.
- Note trends and aberrations in data, identify problems and suggest/conduct experiments to determine root cause and develop solutions.
- Develop, validate and implement new analytical methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Act as principal investigator in designing, conducting and analyzing own experiments.
- Reduce and analyze highly complex data and present it to maximize clarity and impact.
- May participate on project teams providing contribution of ideas, developing of plans, execution of plans, and timely reporting of results.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks.
- Expected to maintain leading edge knowledge in primary field of expertise.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and attendance at scientific meetings.
- Write and submit abstracts to national and international conferences.
- Present internally and at scientific conferences and contribute to scientific publications.
- May supervise and provide guidance to other personnel.
- Train and mentor temps, lab assistants, research associates, or assistant scientists.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ph.D. in a biology-related discipline preferred with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or MS/MA in a microbiology-related discipline with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; BA/BS required with a minimum of 11 years relevant experience.
- Postdoctoral may serve as experience.
- Familiarity with GLP/GMP regulations & record keeping.
- Proficient in writing reports, regulatory submissions and publications.
- Ability to make decisions on the validity and importance of experimental results, the potential success or failure of activities within their area of expertise.
- Expertise in flow techniques (FACS) required
- Experience in fluorescence microscopy required.
- Experience with platelet and plasma coagulation desirable
- Working knowledge of blood bank practices desirable.
- Demonstrated creativity in developing new methodology and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Excellent mathematical skills, problem solving skills, and ability to apply scientific methods to resolution.
- Solid experience with related computer software.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Solid communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.