Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for an outstanding Research Associate to join our Operations Team in South San Francisco. The Research Associate will support the production team’s custom DNA-based applications and assays for synthetic biology including high-throughput gene synthesis, high-throughput cloning processes, and NGS-based QC. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast-paced startup environment. The ideal candidate will work independently, be very organized, have excellent molecular biology knowledge and skills, and communicate effectively with peers/management. The Candidate must be comfortable working in a LEAN manufacturing/ controlled laboratory environment.
- Independently analyze NGS and Sanger sequencing data.
- Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations.
- Generate and maintain stocks and intermediates for manufacturing operations team using established molecular biology processes.
- Test highly custom intermediates and establish SOPs.
- Write work instructions, SOP and training documents for manufacturing operators.
- Interact with a database to track samples.
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep work on track
- B.S. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a closely-related field.
- 1-4 years of relevant industrial experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a closely-related field.
- Must have a strong background in molecular biology techniques including DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR, enzymatic assays, and molecular cloning.
- Proficient in writing, and communicating in English. Able to present data effectively.
- Comfortable working in a LEAN manufacturing / controlled laboratory environment.
- Experience working with a LIMS database is highly desired.
- Experience with Next-Gen sequencing and Sanger sequencing and analysis is preferred.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity quality, and one that fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Excellent experimental tracking skills. Able to handle multiple experiments at once.
- Able to prepare documents including data summaries, technical and analytical reports.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving startup environment.
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work.
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools, and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection, and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience athttps://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.