Research Informatics Scientist
Research Informatics Scientist
Job Code RIT-006-18
Location Cambridge, MA
H3 Biomedicine seeks a creative and highly motivated Research Informatics Scientist to join our research & development team located in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate will be an experienced drug discovery scientist with a track record of applying informatics solutions to all stages of the drug discovery process. Additionally, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills and a good understanding of drug discovery. Candidates who are enthusiastic team players and have a passion for playing a key role in the discovery and development of life-saving medicines are encouraged to apply.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Discovery Informatics group, develop and implement strategic data management practices.
- Interact with scientists to identify informatics needs and implement solutions using internal tool development as well as commercially available software.
- Support and enhance informatics systems.
- Write and implement efficient automated data retrieval, merging, and processing algorithms.
- Provide training and ongoing support to scientists for scientific data management systems and data analysis tools.
- Proactively identify, propose and champion new solutions and approaches
- Collaborate with project teams across Research to implement data analysis and visualizations that impact project team decision-making.
- Degree in chemistry, biotechnology, computer science, or relevant field with 5+ years’ experience implementing research informatics solutions within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with stakeholders
- Up-to-date on industry leading approaches to data manipulation, analysis, and visualization.
- Deep experience and understanding of a variety drug discovery assay data, such as biochemical, viability, in-vivo, and preclinical DMPK/Tox
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with and administrating common informatics tools such as Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, Certara D360, JChem etc.
- Strong working proficiency using common informatics languages such as SQL, Python, Java, or R.
- Working proficiency in Linux system administration and common Linux terminal tools
H3 Biomedicine is a leading company in cancer genomics based drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. H3 aims to produce novel cancer therapeutics using a Patient to Patient Strategy aiming to exploit changes in the cancer genome of patients. Our highly integrated multidisciplinary scientific teams apply their expertise in cancer genomics, target validation, assay development, compound production and compound optimization, to advance a selected target through focused proof of concept milestones that ultimately demonstrate cancer dependency to the target in genetically defined cancer patient populations.
Interested candidates may forward a CV to email@example.com