Research Associate / Cell Production Specialist
The high attrition rates of novel drugs in clinical trials is a clear indication that current preclinical testing is failing to predict compounds that will reach the market. NeuCyte, is a biopharma company focused on advancing the drug discovery process by using cell based target-identification and drug-discovery platforms. Our technology accelerates the lead drug identification and optimization process. NeuCyte’s unique human neural platform allows for the evaluation of human specific neural phenotypes that are not identifiable in traditional animal models. This allows for a better predictor of drug efficacy and potential neurotoxicity. NeuCyte’s all-star staff and scientific advisory board is comprised of some of the top stem cell biologist and neuroscientist in the world. The vast knowledge of our team gives us an unrivaled competitive advantage, which allows us to address the unmet needs of patients with neurological disorders.
We seek a highly motivated Production Specialist with strong mammalian cell culture experience to join our team. Applicants must be able to keep up with the fast pace of a small biotech startup and work on multiple projects at a time. An individual with neuroscience and human stem cell research experience is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Routine maintenance and production of various human stem cell derived cultures (iPS and NSC)
- Understand basic laboratory concepts and be able to perform basic lab techniques, including aseptic technique for cell culture, medium preparation.
- Apply good documentation practices when recording data and completing records.
- Follow manufacturing/quality control protocols reproducibly within a specified timeframe.
- Maintain laboratory standards (temperature status, inventory, routine maintenance)
- Day to day laboratory duties
- B.S. with 1-2 years of closely related technical experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech lab environment.
- Must be organized and work well in small work groups. Detail oriented.
- Must be able to assist in trouble shooting activities and process optimization under the guidance of more experienced personnel.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with excellent record keeping is required.
- A self-motivator with the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Competitive salary and benefits
Job Type: Full-time